£20,000- £25,000 pro rata, commensurate with experience.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for two Autism and Neurodiversity Consultants (Part-time) to join our team in supporting neurodivergent people, as they connect and learn from each other, and start out on and progress in careers. 2-4 days/week.
Contract: Full-time, fixed term contract currently funded until 31st March 2023
Hours of work: Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm
Location: Skainos, 239 Newtownards Road, Belfast (Hybrid working)
Salary: £20-25k, depending on experience.
Specialisterne NI is a not-for-private-profit community interest company, which supports autistic people and people with other neurodivergent conditions to get ready for, secure, sustain and progress in careers. As part of the international Specialisterne network, we partner with leading employers internationally to work towards the goal of one million careers for autistic people and people with other neurodivergent conditions.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Autism and Neurodiversity Consultant to join our team in supporting neurodivergent people, as they connect and learn from each other, and start out on and progress in careers.
The aim of this role is to support participants, who are neurodivergent young people or adults, to feel more confident, experience reduced attitudinal and communication barriers and help participants feel more ready to meet employers, education, and training providers. You will connect with an exciting employer mentor network, many of whom are neurodivergent, who will inform the programme curriculum, ensuring participant’s learning pathways are relevant to their chosen career, and who will provide learning opportunities for participants.
Our successful candidates will also support our neurodivergent community to connect with and learn from each other through shared interests, so that participants feel more connected and confident, and improve wellbeing. This role will provide ongoing learning opportunities on Autism, Dyslexia, ADHD, OCD, or Tourette’s Syndrome and how to best support neurodivergent people.
- Study in a relevant subject area at undergraduate or post graduate level (this includes currently studying or completed) e.g. Atypical Development, Psychology, Education, Sensory Integration, subject areas related to Autism, ADHD, OCD, Tourette’s Syndrome, Dyslexia. Other subject areas will also be considered in terms of relevance.
- Previous experience in and knowledge of Autism
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Ability to manage and organise your workload
- A driving licence or ability to travel to various locations across Belfast when required.
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of Autism.
- Previous experience in and knowledge of one or more of the following: ADHD, OCD, Tourette’s Syndrome, Dyslexia.
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of one or more of the following: ADHD, OCD, Tourette’s Syndrome, Dyslexia.
- Experience in supporting children, young people, or adults on the Autistic Spectrum or who have ADHD, OCD, Tourette’s Syndrome, or Dyslexia, to achieve the changes they want
- Experience in supporting people in small groups
- Experience in documentation of work according to quality standards.
To apply for this position, please forward an up-to-date C.V. clearly outlining how you meet the above criteria, to Sharon Didrichsen, Managing Director, by email: email@example.com, before the closing date of: 25 November 2022